The maintenance required message that displays on the dashboard of a 2019 Toyota Corolla is given as a reminder to change the oil.
The Maintenance Required light comes on every 5000 miles and the oil should be changed.
After the oil is changed, resetting the message is quick and easy to do.
How To Reset the Maintenance Required 2019 Toyota Corolla
- The car should be Off and not running
- Turn the key 2 times into accessory position
- Press the Odometer/Trip button until Trip A displays on the screen
- Turn the key to the Off Position
- Press and Hold the Odometer/Trip button
- While pressing the Odometer / Trip button Turn the key 2 times to the accessory position
- Continue holding the Odometer / Trip button (2-3 seconds) until the message Resetting Maintenance Data clears.
- The message should now be gone. If not, go through the sequence again.
The Maintenance Required light will come on when it is time to replace the oil.
The vehicle does not test the oil if it is good or bad but simply comes on every 5000 miles.
The light can be reset at any time, with most resetting it after the oil has been changed.
When the light appears, it is not an emergency but a reminder to get the oil changed soon.
Modern synthetic oil is often rated to go 10,000 miles depending on the brand.
The car should not be driven 10,000 miles without an oil change, but it does not hurt a vehicle to go another 100-200 miles or so.