Resetting a Toyota Highlander Maintence REQD Service light is easy to do with a few steps.
The light often comes on and needs reset after an oil change or similar.
Below are both quick steps along with the steps with pictures if needed.
Button Used and Location
The button used To Reset Light Maintenance Light is the odometer button on the dashboard that resets miles when taking trip.
It is located on the dashboard in the Miles display.
The key or Start button is also used in combination with the odometer button to reset the light.
Steps To Reset the Service Light 2013-2018 Toyota Highlander
- Turn the ignition switch to ON position. Do Not Start the car. (If your Highlander has a push button press “Start” without pushing on the brake.)
- Press the odometer button until Trip A appears.
- Once Trip A appears Turn the Car Off
- Press and Hold the Odometer button and turn the key to the On Position. (If your car has a push button Press the Start button twice without pressing the brake.)
- Hold the Odometer button until the odometer displays 000000 Miles.
- The Light Should Now Be Reset. If the Light does not reset try the steps again.
Steps To Reset the Service Light 2013-2018 Toyota Highlander with Pictures
6… The Light Should Now Be Reset. If the Light does not reset try the steps again.