As always, if in doubt, take your vehicle to a professional.
Below are the steps with screenshots to replace them, along with a video, if needed, for a visual walk-through.
2012-2015 Toyota Tacoma Headlight Bulb Type
- High Beam and Low Beam 9003 Bulb
No tools are needed when replacing the headlight bulb.
Tools are only needed if there is corrosion on the vehicle.
Example 9003 Headlight Bulb on Amazon
Philips 9003 CrystalVision Ultra Upgrade Bright White Headlight Bulb
How to Replace Headlight Bulb 2012-2015 Toyota Tacoma
- Open the hood and locate the bulb behind the headlight assembly.
- On the driver’s side, the battery is usually removed to access the headlight bulb.
- Unplug the electrical connector.
- Remove the rubber water seal boot.
- Remove the spring lock holding the bulb in place by pushing down and pushing it to the side.
- Remove the headlight bulb, which will pull out.
- Insert the new Bulb.
- Reattach the waterproof rubber boot.
- Attach the electrical plug and test the light.
It is not difficult to replace the headlight bulb on a 2001-2004 Toyota Tacoma but call a knowledgeable friend or professional if in doubt.
Climates age cars differently, which can affect bolts being rusted or other possible problems.
A vehicle that was in an accident may also have some type of unforeseen problem.
Remember not to touch the Bulb itself with your hands, as it will cause a hot spot that burns the Bulb out faster than usual.
- Symptoms of a Bad Idle Air Control Valve (IAC) - November 1, 2023
- How to Replace Headlight Bulb 2011–2020 Toyota Sienna - October 29, 2023
- Testing if a Fuel Pump is Bad Volkswagen Passat (1998 – 2005) - October 26, 2023