If the Maintenance Required (MAINT REQD) Light comes on in your Toyota Corolla dashboard, it is simple enough to reset.
The Maintenance Required Light usually turns on as a reminder it is time to change the oil.
The vehicle does not know if the oil has been changed; it is simply a reminder light that a mechanic will reset after changing the oil or other maintenance.
Below are the steps to reset the light on a 2012 Toyota Corolla, which should be the same for 2009-2014 Corollas.
How To Reset the Maintenance Required Light (2009-2014) Toyota Corolla
- Start the engine and locate the small odometer display.
- Press the odometer button cycling through until you see “Trip A” in the small display.
- Next, turn the ignition “Off”.
- Press and hold the Trip Odometer Reset button, and turn the ignition switch to the “On” position. (Do not start the car)
- Continue to hold down the Trip Odometer Reset button for 2-3 seconds until “000000” MILES appears on the display.
- Turn the ignition Off, then start the car and the maintenance light turns off.
After an oil change, resetting the maintenance required light is easy enough to do and is usually done by a mechanic.
The above steps will reset the maintenance light on a 2009-2014 Toyota Corolla.
When the maintenance light in a Toyota comes on, it is usually the engine oil that needs to be changed.
To reset the light, there is a series of holding the trip button and turning the ignition key.
The car can not detect if the oil has been changed, so the light can be reset without changing the oil.
Of course, this is not recommended since old dirty oil will shorten the life of the car.
- Causes and Fixes P2111 Code Throttle Actuator A Control System Stuck Open - February 20, 2024
- Causes and Fixes Nissan C1130 Code: Engine Signal 1 - February 13, 2024
- What Does Ford Check Fuel Fill InletError Message Mean? - February 4, 2024