As always if in doubt take your vehicle to a professional.
Below are the steps with screenshots to replace them along with a video if needed for a visual walk through.
Tools and Parts Needed
- New Headlight Bulb
No tools are needed when replacing the headlight bulb.
Tools are only needed if there is corrosion on the vehicle.
2005-2011 Toyota Tacoma Headlight Bulb on Amazon
Philips 9003 CrystalVision Ultra Upgrade Bright White Headlight Bulb, 2 Pack
How to Replace Headlight Bulb on 2005-2011 Toyota Tacoma
- Open the hood and locate the bulb behind the headlight assembly.
- On the driver side the battery is usually removed to access the headlight bulb.
- Unplug the electrical connector.
- Remove the rubber water seal boot.
- Remove the spring lock holding the bulb in place by pushing down and pushing it to the side.
- Remove the head light bulb which will pull out.
- Insert the new Bulb.
- Reattach the water proof rubber boot.
- Attach the electrical plug and test the light.
It is not difficult to replace the head light bulb on a 2005-2011 Toyota Tacoma but call a knowledgeable friend or professional if in-doubt.
Climates age cars differently which can effect bolts being rusted or other possible problems.
A vehicle that was in an accident may also have some type of unforeseen problem.
Remember do not to touch the bulb itself with your hands as it will cause a hot spot that burns the bulb out faster then usual.