A headlight switch problem in a Dodge Neon (2000-2005) is an easy repair job.
The same replacement procedure also works in PT Cruisers.
The headlight switch also controls the wiper, fog lamps, and turn signals.
The first thing to do is to buy a compatible switch assembly to replace the old one. It can be bought most anywhere such as an auto part store, eBay, and Amazon.
Here is one listed on Amazon
Turn Signal Switch compatible with Dodge Neon 2000-2005 Turn Signal/Headlight Fog Light Headlight Dimmer
Steps to Replace Dodge Neon Headlight Switch (2000-2005)
- Disconnect the battery.
- Two screws need to be removed from the shroud covering the switch. They are located underneath at the bottom of the shroud and use a Phillips screw driver to remove them.
- After the shroud is removed two torx screw need to be removed from the switch itself.
- Disconnect the wiring harnesses tied to the switch. There is a small clip that snaps back and the harness pulls out.
- The entire old light switch assembly can now be removed.
- The new light switch assembly will need the old windshield wiper switch to be attached. It is simple to do by removing two Torx screws. Once the screws are removed it simply slides out.
- Next pop out the relay and put it into the new unit.
- The new unit can now be installed simply going in reverse of removal.
Pop the clip out before pulling on the wire harnesses.
Thank you so much – it really was a nice, simple fix – got my Dodge Neon back to normal with the new multi function unit.
What size for screwdriver is needed?
I think it should read Torx screws not torque, but good write up. Thx.