The battery in the 2010-2014 Chrysler 200 is in the driver-side fender well.
While most batteries are assessable from the engine bay, the Chrysler 200 will need the tire and wheel well splash guard removed.
The battery type is a common 12-volts and can be bought at any auto parts store or similar.
Replacing it, while harder than a standard engine bay location, can be done by a DIY individual.
Of course, if in doubt, be sure to call a professional.
Tools and Items Need
- New Battery
- 13mm socket
- 10mm socket or wrench
How To Replace a Battery in a Chrysler 200
- Inside the engine bay, disconnect the Negative Battery Cable.
- Jack up the driver-side of the vehicle and secure it.
- Remove the driver-side tire.
- Remove the push-pins holding in the wheel well splash shield.
- Remove the bolts holding the splash shield.
- Remove the splash shield, and the battery will be visible.
- Using a 13mm socket, remove the battery hold-down bracket bolt.
- Remove battery hold-down bracket.
- Using a 13mm socket, remove the battery side bracket
- Using a 10mm, remove the battery terminals.
- Remove the battery by pulling it out.
- Insert the new battery and reconnect the terminals, bracket, splash shield, and tire.
The battery placement in a Chrysler 200 was changed up with it located in the fender-well.
Many owners have problems when looking for the battery since it is not immediately clear where it is.
Replacement is straightforward but not as easy as the battery located in the engine bay like most vehicles.
The car will need to be jacked up and the driver side tire removed along with the wheel well splash guard.
Once the splash guard is removed, the battery can be unbolted and replaced as any other unit would be replaced.
Have you had to replace a battery in a Chrysler 200? Let us know your thoughts below.