It does require removing some bolts and inserts, so call a professional if in doubt.
- 7mm Socket
- Flat Head Screw Driver
- New H-11 Headlight Bulb
Standard bulbs can be bought, or upgraded performance units can also be bought.
2005–2010 Pontiac G6 Headlight Bulb Type
- New H11 Headlight Bulb
The 2005–2010 Pontiac G6 uses an H11 headlight bulb.
Example H11 Headlight Bulb on Amazon
When replacing any headlight bulb, be sure not to touch the bulb itself with your fingers, as oil from your hands can create a hot spot that shortens the life of the bulb.
How To Replace the Headlight Bulb on 2005–2010 Pontiac G6
- Using a 7mm Socket remove two bolts on the top of the headlight assembly.
- Plastic tabs need to be removed that hold the front in place. The tabs can be removed with a flat head screwdriver and simply pop out.
- The headlight assembly will now come out. There is a plastic clip on the outside that needs to go around before coming out.
- The head light bulbs can be accessed under plastic caps.
- Remove the wires and turn the bulb counterclockwise to remove it.
- Insert the new bulb into the socket. Do not touch the bulb itself with your fingers, as it will create a hot spot that shortens the lifespan of the bulb.
- Take a new bulb and insert it into the headlight hole and turn it clockwise. Then hook up the wire clip back into place.
- Put the headlight assembly back into place and bolt it in. Insert the tabs that were removed.
It is not difficult to replace the headlight bulb on the 2005–2010 Pontiac G6 but call a friend or professional if in doubt.
Climates can age cars differently, which can affect bolts being rusted or other possible problems.
A vehicle that was in an accident may also have some type of unforeseen problem.
Remember not to touch the bulb itself with your hands as it will cause a hot spot that burns the bulb out faster than usual.