Changing out a rear tail light bulb is an easy DIY task that almost anyone can do.
Some basic tools will be needed usually a screw driver but this changes from vehicle to vehicle.
Below are the basic steps for replacing a tail light bulb. It is often best to search for your specific car or truck since there can be small differences.
As with anything be sure to take it to a professional if in doubt.
Basic Steps to Install and Replace a Tail Light Bulb
- Here we are going to do a simple Tail Light bulb installation. The first thing we do is to remove the two screws and remove tail light housing. We have two light bulbs one is our taillight signal and second is the the reverse light signal, but we need to replace our tail light signal bulb since it is the bad one.
- The second step to do is to twist it about a half turn lift it up and out.
- We want to make sure and compare the old light bulb to new bulb number and be sure it is the correct one and then remove the old bulb and install the new light bulb.
- We need to reinstall the tail light bulb and lock it down about half turn.
- Reinstall the tail light assembly and tighten the 2 screws using a Phillips screwdriver. That would complete the installation.
This above is a simple and easy way to install tail light bulb which can save you money.