Replacing the Headlight Bulb on a 2004-2008 Chevy Malibu is an easy task that falls into the DIY category.
Of course, always call a professional if in doubt.
The entire headlight assembly can also be replaced with the steps below if bad.
Below are the steps with screenshots to replace a bad bulb along with a video at the bottom of the page for a visual walk through.
2004-2008 Chevy Malibu Headlight Bulb Type
- H11 Headlight Bulb
H11 Headlight Bulb on Amazon
Philips H11 Standard Authentic Halogen Replacement Headlight Bulb,1 pack
Changing headlights and front turn signals are simple and easy with the Chevy Malibu.
The process requires 10 millimeter wrench.
Steps to Install Replace Headlight and bulb Chevy Malibu 2004-2008
- At the top of the headlight assembly remove the two 10mm bolts with a 10mm wrench or socket.
- After the bolts are removed lift the assembly up and out the headlight assembly.
- Disconnect the plug.
- To replace the Bulbs twist the covers off and the Bulbs are inside, you can twist and pull the bulb out.
- It is the same process for the parking side.
- Screw back in the two 10mm bolts and then tighten them up with the socket.