Replacing the Headlight Bulb on a 2004-2008 Chevy Malibu is an easy task that falls into the DIY category.
Of course, always call a professional if in doubt.
Below are the steps with screenshots to replace it along with a video at the bottom of the page if needed for a visual walk through.
2004-2008 Chevy Malibu Headlight Bulb on Amazon
Philips H11 Standard Authentic Halogen Replacement Headlight Bulb,1 pack
Steps to Install Replace Headlight and bulb Chevy Malibu 2004-2008
Changing headlights and front turn signals are simple and easy with the Chevy Malibu.
This process requires 10 millimeter wrench.
- Remove the two 10mm bolts with a 10mm wrench or socket.
- After the bolts are removed lift the light up and out the headlight assembly.
- There is a connector that needs to be disconnected.
- To replace the Bulbs twist the covers off and the Bulbs are inside, you can twist and pull the bulb out.
- The same thing for the parking side marker just pulls out of the socket.
- You can see how much more clear they are.
- Two 10 millimeter bolts in and then tighten them up with the socket and ratchet.