If you have a 2015-2023 Ford Mustang 5.0 and need to check the oil level, it is quick and easy to do.
The hood will need to be opened to get access to the dipstick, which will show the engine oil level.
Where is the Oil Dipstick Located on a 2015-2023 Ford Mustang 5.0?
Where Is Oil Added on a 2015-2023 Ford Mustang 5.0?
What Type of Motor Oil Does a 2015-2023 Ford Mustang 5.0 Use?
- 5W-20 synthetic motor oil is recommended for everyday driving conditions.
- 5W-30 synthetic motor oil is recommended for track-style conditions.
The type of recommended oil for the 2015-2023 Ford Mustang 5.0 can vary based on the driving conditions.
Be sure to check the manual for your specific Ford Mustangs and follow its oil type recommendations.
The most common oil used in a 2015-2023 Ford Mustang 5.0 is 5W-20 synthetic motor oil, which can be bought at any automotive store.
How to Check the Engine Oil 2015-2023 Ford Mustang 5.0
- Pull the hood latch inside the vehicle on the driver-side left floorboard.
- Pull up on the hood and push the hood safety latch to the left.
- Pull the hood bar up and place it so the hood is lifted.
- On the driver’s side of the engine, locate the yellow engine dipstick and pull it out.
- Wipe any oil off the end of the dipstick and insert it back into the tube.
- Remove the dipstick again and look for the oil level.
- The oil level should be within the correct zone, marked by two lines and crosses.
- If the engine level is below the mark, it needs to have oil added.
- If the engine level is over the mark, it has been overfilled.