If you have brake problems, be sure to call a certified mechanic.
A video is at the bottom of the page for a visual walk-through if needed.
How To Check and Add Brake Fluid 2012 Toyota Corolla
- Open the hood and locate the master cylinder. It is located on the driver’s side of the firewall.
- A cover snaps off with the master cylinder under it.
- The side of the master cylinder has the level the fluid should be at.
- If the fluid is low, take the cap off and add fluid to the correct level. Be sure not to overfill the reservoir.
- After the fluid is added, close up the cap, put the cover back, and the job is finished.
Changing and adding braked fluid on a 2012 Toyota Corolla is quick and easy to do.
Be sure to get the correct level, as the marker is located on the master cylinder.
The correct brake fluid should also be used, which is DOT 3.
If the master cylinder is overfilled, it may leak out but usually does not damage any components, although overfilling is not recommended.
Getting the level correct is necessary for the best results.
If the fluid level is very low and the brakes feel soft, they may need to be bled again to remove air pockets.
Bleeding the brakes should be done by a professional that can also check for any damaged or malfunctioning components.
Have you had any issues checking or adding brake fluid on a 2012 Toyota Corolla? Let us know your thoughts below.