Resetting the Service light on a 2011-2015 Mini Cooper is easy to do.
The Maintenance light can come on for a variety reasons and will need reset, mainly after an oil change.
A series of buttons are pressed in the right combination of steps to reset the light.
These same steps are used for other service lights that need to be reset such as Vehicle Check and MOT Roadworthy test.
Below are the steps to reset the light along with pictures and video for a visual walk though if needed.
The following button are used to reset the light on a 2011-2015 Mini Cooper.
Here is where they are located.
Steps To Reset the Service Light 2011-2015 Mini Cooper Quick List
- Insert the Key (Do not start the engine)
- Tap the Start Button
- The gauge will come up with Service
- Hold the Trip Odometer button for 5 seconds
- The gauge will come up with a Icon of a car on a lift
- Press the BC Button on the turn signal to scroll to the Oil Can Icon
- Hold the BC button to reset the light
- A small clock Icon will come on for a moment and the light will be reset.
Steps To Reset the Service Light 2011-2015 Mini Cooper with Pictures
Steps To Reset the Service Light 2011-2015 Mini Cooper Video Walk-though