Replacing the headlight bulb on a 2014-2019 Toyota Tundra requires a bit of work but falls in the DIY category.
The grill and side panel are usually removed to replace the bulb.
The Toyota manual has the bulb removal by going through the wheel well but this is too tight for most people to remove it this way.
Either option can be done with the steps for removing the grill below.
Tools and Parts Needed
- New 9003 Headlight Bulb
- 10mm Socket
- Flathead Screwdriver
A Flathead screwdriver is needed to remove the plastic inserts holding parts in place.
A 10mm socket is needed to remove the grill and side panel.
Standard 2014-2019 Toyota Tundra 9003 Headlight Bulb on Amazon
Philips 9003 CrystalVision Ultra Upgrade Bright White Headlight Bulb, 2 Pack
Performance 2014-2019 Toyota Tundra LED Headlight Bulb on Amazon
BEAMTECH H4 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh (9003 Hi/Lo) CSP Chips Conversion Kit
When replacing any headlight bulb be sure not to touch the bulb itself with your fingers, as oil from your hands can create a hot spot that shortens the life of the bulb.
How to Replace Headlight Bulb 2014-2019 Toyota Tundra
- Open the hood and locate the bulb behind the headlight assembly.
- Remove four 10mm bolts on the top of the grill.
- Remove two plastic push clips on both sides of the top of the grill.
- Pop the top of the grill over the tabs on the top.
- On both sides reach behind the gill inside the truck and push on the tab at the end of a long plastic piece holding it in.
- Pull out on the grill which will have some other points holding it in place.
- Remove the grill and set it to the side.
- Next, remove the corner bumper that is held with two push clips and two 10mm bolt in the wheel well.
- The side corner will snap off when the push tabs and bolts are removed.
- Remove two 10mm bolts at the top of the headlight assembly.
- Remove one 10mm bolt at the bottom right of the headlight assembly.
- Remove the headlight assembly.
- Remove the electrical plug pulling straight off.
- Remove the rubber boot that pulls out.
- Push down on the wire spring releasing the headlight bulb.
- Replace the headlight bulb and test it.
- Go in reverse order to reinstall.
It is not difficult to replace the headlight bulb on a 2014-2019 Toyota Tundra but it is more work than usual having to pull more parts.
Climates age cars differently which can affect bolts being rusted or other possible problems.
A vehicle that was in an accident may also have some type of unforeseen problem.