Replacing the headlight bulb on a 2011-2014 Hyundai Sonata is an easy task that falls in the DIY category.
As always, if in doubt, take your vehicle to a professional.
Below are the steps with screenshots to replace them along with a video if needed for a visual walk through.
2011-2014 Hyundai Sonata Headlight Bulb Type
- H7 Headlight Bulb
No tools are needed when replacing the headlight bulb.
Tools are only needed if there is corrosion on the vehicle.
Example H7 Headlight Bulb on Amazon
SYLVANIA – H7 XtraVision – High Performance Halogen Headlight Bulb, High Beam, Low Beam and Fog Replacement Bulb
How to Replace Headlight Bulb 2011-2014 Hyundai Sonata
- Open the hood and locate the bulb behind the headlight assembly.
- Remove the cap twisting counterclockwise.
- Remove the plastic 12 volt plug.
- Remove the clip holding the bulb in place by pushing down and pushing it to the side. (Tip: Do not unscrew the Phillips screw.)
- The bulb can now be removed. (Tip: Pay attention to the Tab that only lets the bulb in one direction.)
- Insert the new Bulb with the Tab in the right direction.
- Push the clip back on top of the new bulb holding it in place.
- Push back on the plastic 12 volt plug.
- Twist back on the cap twisting clockwise.
- Test the headlight which should now work.
It is not difficult to replace the headlight bulb on a 2011-2014 Hyundai Sonata but call a friend or professional if in doubt.
Climates age cars differently, which can affect bolts being rusted or other possible problems.
A vehicle that was in an accident may also have some type of unforeseen problem.
Remember not to touch the bulb itself with your hands, as it will cause a hot spot that burns the bulb out faster than usual.
Sonata 2011 low beam headlight OUT. Got new bulb but the spring clip that holds light has come off the bulb assembly.HOW DOES CLIP FIT INTO LIGHT ASSEMBLY??? NEE TO KNOW!! ASAP!! Thanx!! Dean Brown