Replacing the headlight bulb on a 2011-2014 Hyundai Sonata is an easy task that falls in the DIY category.
As always if in doubt take your vehicle to a professional.
Below are the steps with screenshots to replace them along with a video if needed for a visual walk through.
Tools and Items Needed
- New Headlight Bulb
No tools are needed when replacing the headlight bulb.
Tools are only needed if there is corrosion on the vehicle.
2011-2014 Hyundai Sonata Standard Headlight Bulb on Amazon
SYLVANIA – H7 XtraVision – High Performance Halogen Headlight Bulb, High Beam, Low Beam and Fog Replacement Bulb (Contains 2 Bulbs)
How to Replace Headlight Bulb 2011-2014 Hyundai Sonata
- Open the hood and locate the bulb behind the headlight assembly.
- Remove the cap twisting counterclockwise.
- Remove the plastic 12 volt plug.
- Remove the clip holding the bulb in place by pushing down and pushing it to the side. (Tip: Do not unscrew the Phillips screw.)
- The bulb can now be removed. (Tip: Pay attention to the Tab that only lets the bulb in one direction.)
- Insert the new Bulb with the Tab in the right direction.
- Push the clip back on top of the new bulb holding it in place.
- Push back on the plastic 12 volt plug.
- Twist back on the cap twisting clockwise.
It is not difficult to replace the head light bulb on a 2011-2014 Hyundai Sonata but call a friend or professional if in doubt.
Climates age cars differently which can effect bolts being rusted or other possible problems.
A vehicle that was in an accident may also have some type of unforeseen problem.
Remember not to touch the bulb itself with your hands as it will cause a hot spot that burns the bulb out faster then usual.