Replacing a bad headlight bulb on a 2003-2008 Toyota Corolla is simple DIY task. Of course if in doubt take your car to a professional.
There are two bulbs located from the back of the headlight assembly.
The outside bulb is Low Beam and the inside bulb is for High Beams.
2003-2008 Toyota Corolla Headlight Bulb Types
A 2003-2008 Toyota Corolla uses a 9005 for hi-beam and 9006 for low-beam.
Replacement bulbs can be bought online or a local auto parts store.
2003-2008 Toyota Corolla 9006 Low-Beam Headlight Bulb on Amazon
SYLVANIA – 9006 Basic – Halogen Bulb for Headlight, Fog, and Daytime Running Lights (Contains 1 Bulb)
When replacing any headlight bulb be sure not to touch the bulb itself with your fingers, as oil from your hands can create a hot spot that shortens the life of the bulb.
How to Replace the Headlight Bulb on a 2003-2008 Toyota Corolla
- On the driver side you will need to remove a plastic clip. The passenger side is easier as it does not have it.
- Remove the clip using a screwdriver underneath it to pry it up.
- Pull it out and put it to the side.
- Pull the plastic piece that is connected to the air filter to the side that way you have better access to reach out the bulb.
- Reach in behind the bulb and turn it counter-clockwise to remove it.
- Unplug the connector.
- Install new bulb and plug back in the connector.
- Putting it back together is the same as removing it only in reverse.
- After replacing the headlights bulb the plastic clip needs to go back in place.
- After putting everything back together test the lights and they should work.