Replacing the headlight bulb on a 1997–2002 Toyota Sienna is an easy task that falls in the DIY category.
As always if in doubt take your vehicle to a professional.
Below are the steps with screenshots to replace them along with a video if needed for a visual-walk through.
Tools and Parts Needed
- New Headlight Bulb
No tools are needed when replacing the headlight bulb.
Tools are only needed if there is corrosion on the vehicle.
1997–2002 Toyota Sienna 9003 Headlight Bulb on Amazon
HELLA H4P50TB + 50% + +50 Performance H4 Bulbs, 12V, 60/55W, 2 Pack
When replacing any headlight bulb be sure not to touch the bulb itself with your fingers, as oil from your hands can create a hot spot that shortens the life of the bulb.
How to Replace Headlight Bulb 1997–2002 Toyota Sienna
- Open the hood and locate the bulb behind the headlight assembly.
- Remove the electrical plug which pulls out and off.
- Remove the rubber boot.
- Push the spring wire lock out and away with your finger.
- Remove the bulb.
- Insert a new bulb and lock it in place with the spring.
- Push the rubber boot back into place.
- Reattach the electrical plug.
- Test the light which should now work.
It is not difficult to replace the headlight bulb on a 1997–2002 Toyota Sienna but call a knowledgeable friend or professional if in doubt.
Climates age cars differently which can affect bolts being rusted or other possible problems.
A vehicle that was in an accident may also have some type of unforeseen problem.
Remember not to touch the bulb itself with your hands as it will cause a hot spot that burns the bulb out faster than usual.