Below are the steps with screenshots to replace them along with a video if needed for a visual walk through.
Tools and Parts Needed
- New Headlight Bulb
No tools are needed when replacing the headlight bulb.
Tools are only needed if there is corrosion on the vehicle.
(2007-2013) Toyota Highlander Headlight Bulb on Amazon
Philips 9003 VisionPlus Upgrade Headlight Bulb with up to 60% More Vision, 2 Pack
How to Replace Headlight Bulb (2007-2013) Toyota Highlander
- Open the hood and locate the bulb behind the headlight assembly.
- Unplug the electrical connector.
- Remove the rubber water seal boot.
- Remove the clip holding the bulb in place by pushing down and pushing it to the side. (Tip: Do not unscrew the Phillips screw.)
- Remove the head light bulb which will pull out.
- Insert the new Bulb.
- Reattach the water proof rubber boot.
- Attach the electrical plug and test the light.
It is not difficult to replace the head light bulb on a 2007-2013 Toyota Highlander but call a knowledgeable friend or professional if in-doubt.
Climates age cars differently which can effect bolts being rusted or other possible problems.
A vehicle that was in an accident may also have some type of unforeseen problem.
Remember not to touch the bulb itself with your hands as it will cause a hot spot that burns the bulb out faster then usual.