Below are the steps with screenshots to replace them along with a video if needed for a visual walk through.
Toyota Highlander High Beam Bulb Type
- 2001-2016 Toyota Highlander: 9005
Toyota Highlander Low Beam Bulb Type
- 2001-2007 Toyota Highlander: 9006
- 2011-2016 Toyota Highlander: H11
No tools are needed when replacing the headlight bulb.
Tools are only needed if there is corrosion on the vehicle.
9005 Toyota Highlander Headlight Bulb on Amazon
SEALIGHT 9005/HB3 High Beam 9006/HB4 Low Beam LED 14000LM Headlight Bulbs Combo Package CSP Chips 6000K Cool White
9006 Toyota Highlander Headlight Bulb on Amazon
Honcs 9006/HB4 LED Headlight Bulbs, 300% Brighter Wireless LED Low Beam/Fog Light, 6500K Cool White LED Headlight Conversion Kit IP67 Waterproof, Pack of 2
How to Replace Headlight Bulb (2007-2016) Toyota Highlander
- Open the hood and locate the bulb behind the headlight assembly.
- Unplug the electrical connector.
- Remove the rubber water seal boot.
- Remove the clip holding the bulb in place by pushing down and pushing it to the side. (Tip: Do not unscrew the Phillips screw.)
- Remove the head light bulb which will pull out.
- Insert the new Bulb.
- Reattach the water proof rubber boot.
- Attach the electrical plug and test the light.
It is not difficult to replace the head light bulb on a 2007-2013 Toyota Highlander but call a knowledgeable friend or professional if in-doubt.
Climates age cars differently which can effect bolts being rusted or other possible problems.
A vehicle that was in an accident may also have some type of unforeseen problem.
Remember not to touch the bulb itself with your hands as it will cause a hot spot that burns the bulb out faster then usual.