OBD2 Bluetooth WiFi dongles have become very popular since they are low-cost devices and work well.
There are many to choose from with most using the Torque App or similar with a smartphone.
One of the more frustrating things is using one and getting no Bluetooth or WiFi Device Selected error code.
Below are the steps to connect to a WiFi OBD2 Adapter using the popular Torque App.
How To Connect a OBD2 WiFi Dongle to an Android Device
- Plug in the OBDII dongle into the car or truck OBDII port and turn the key to the On Position.
- Go to WiFi Settings at the top of the screen pull down menu find the Adapter being used, select it to connect.
WiFi Options can also be found under Settings–>Connections–>WiFi.
- Once Connected Open the Torque APP and click the Setting Icon at the bottom left.
- At the next menu go to Settings
- Select OBD2 Adapter Settings
- At the top click on Connection
- Choose WiFi if not already selected
- Go back to the Torque App main menu and the top left will say Connected to ECU OK
Sometimes it takes it a moment to show connected depending on the adapter.
Once connected the App will be ready use reading and clearing codes.