- 3 Ways to Replace Headlight Bulb 2011-2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Headlight Bulb Types 2011-2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- How To Replace Headlight Bulb 2011-2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Passenger Side)
- How To Replace Headlight Bulb 2011-2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Driver Side)
Replacing a bad bulb in a 2011-2021 Cherokee is a bit more difficult compared to many other vehicles, but owners commonly replace them.
Of course, if in doubt, be sure to take your vehicle to a professional.
There are three ways to replace the bulb, with some methods seeming easier but actually harder, at least in my opinion.
3 Ways to Replace Headlight Bulb 2011-2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Inside Fender Well
- Remove Front Bumper Clips
- Under the Hood
Trying to replace the bulb from the hole in the fender well will cut up your hands and is more difficult than it seems.
This method may work for you but has not for me; if you try this method, you have been warned.
The next method is to remove the front bumper, which is held in place with clips.
Removing the front bumper is not too difficult once the clips are understood.
Still, it can be more involved than going under the hood.
The third method is to open the hood and remove any components in the way, such as the air-box.
Going under the hood is the best method, at least in my opinion.
- 2011-2016 Headlight Bulb High Beam 9005
- 2017-2021 Headlight Bulb High Beam H9
- 2011-2021 Headlight Bulb Low Beam H11
The 2011-2016 Grand Cherokee use a high beam bulb 9005, while 2011-2021 uses the H9.
From 2011 to 2021, the low beam bulb is an H11.
Bulbs can be bought an auto parts stores or online on Amazon or eBay.
Always double-check the bulb type is correct by entering the year of the Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Example H11 Low Beam Bulb on Amazon
Safego H11 Halogen Headlight Bulb 2Pcs 55W Halogen Bulbs Replacement for Car Headlight Bulb 12V Xenon White,1 Year Warranty
Note: Bulbs can be hard to remove at times and take a bit of work to get them to twist out.
How To Replace Headlight Bulb 2011-2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Passenger Side)
- Open the hood.
- Unclip the ECU board.
- Move it to the side.
- Reach behind the headlight assembly and remove the cover cap.
- Behind the headlight assembly, turn the bulb counterclockwise.
- Remove the wiring harness and remove the bulb.
- Insert the new bulb and reassemble all the components.
How To Replace Headlight Bulb 2011-2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Driver Side)
- Open the hood.
- Loosen the clamp and remove the air intake hose.
- Unclip two clips on the air-box and remove it.
- Pull out the bottom of the air filter box, which is held in place with rubber boots.
- Once the air-box is out of the way, the bad bulb can be replaced.
Replacing a bad headlight bulb on a 2011-2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee can be hard the first time but usually easier once understood.
Some use the wheel-well hole to replace bad bulbs but, in my opinion, it is too hard to use.
The front bumper can be removed with many owners using this method.
There are clips that hold the bumper in place, which seems to be involved to me but is an option.
The best method for me is to open the hood, remove any components in the way, and replace the bad bulb.
If a bulb is stuck in place, it can sometimes take a bit of patience to get it out.
Which method do you prefer? Have you had any issues replacing the bulb on a 2011-2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee? Let us know in the comments below.