There are several components of an air conditioning system in a 2001-2005 VW Passat with the cabin air filter being one of them.
If your A/C system is not blowing cold air properly the filter may be dirty and unable to let air pass through the system.
The cabin air filter keeps out debris from the A/C system and working properly.
To work correctly any air conditioning system must have good air flow to let cold air into a vehicle.
It is easy to replace the filter with minimal skills or tools and falls in the DIY category. Below are the steps to replace the filter with pictures.
A new filter will need to be bought online or at a local parts store.
Here is the Filter on Amazon
Bosch 6047C 6047C Hepa Cabin Air Filter
How To Replace the Air Conditioner Cabin Filter on a 2001-2005 Volkswagen Passat
- Open the hood and pull back the weather striping on the passenger side of the cowling.
- Lift the plastic cover.
- Pull the clip out from the forward edge of the filter housing.
- Lift the filter straight up and out and remove it.
- Insert the new filter with the notches facing down.
- Reinstall the clip.
- Put the plastic cowling back down into position and put the weather striping back into place.